Saturday, January 1, 2011

Two days before rehearsals start

It is New Year's Day, and rehearsals start at 7pm on Jan 3rd.

I've been reading a text of the play most days for the past three weeks, but I can't actually learn any of Gloucester's lines until I get the approved script on Monday. The other part of my 'preparation' has been to let my hair and my beard grow: I am hoping that some decisions on hair-styles will be taken soon so I can look a little more presentable.

This is what the publicity says:

The all-powerful Lear makes a fatal decision when he misinterprets his youngest daughter’s silence as disloyalty. Cordelia flees to safety in France and marriage to the French monarch. When she brings French forces to protect her father from her ruthless sisters, the ruin of several families is set in motion. Directed by Brent Hinkley from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival with Barry Kraft of OSF playing King Lear. More information is available at sou.edu/theatre/calendar.

1 comment: