A very different kind of work tonight. There were only three of the cast rehearsing in that large space, and the director worked in much more detail. I've been trying to find something which described the dimensions of the theatre, its seating capacity - maybe even a photo? - but without success. It is, however, a good space to work, with perhaps as much space on the stage as in the auditorium - which means the stage has lots of depth to it.
Although there were few actors, the technical and supporting crew were there in force, so, when the director had a query about the meaning of a line, there was someone ready to look it up instantly - most impressive.
We spent time puzzling over what 'If our father should sleep 'til I waked him' might mean (and how to convey that meaning to the audience) and whether 'revenue' should be accented in the second syllable or not.... so we ran over our time and I got home at 9.45, but I have no call for Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment