Probably just as well to have a duff rehearsal now than later...
Having done well on Sunday in detailed work on a small scene with Edmund, I really did poorly tonight. I missed a line (having been fed the wrong cue) then cut across someone else's line, then entered too late. By around 9.00 I was ready to go home with my tail between my legs. The only mitigating aspect was that others seem to feel that they too had had a bad night: we were supposed to run Acts II and III, but only got as far as the end of Act II. I felt all night like people playing sports must feel in a game that's going badly: it's not in the legs or the arms (or, in the case of acting, in the mouth) all in the mind.
I'll really need to spend some time tomorrow preparing myself better for Act IV Scene 1 - the first of my two blind scenes.
No comments:
Post a Comment