Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday afternoon January 2 2011

This is a blog describing my experience of the rehearsal process of a production of Shakespeare's King Lear at Southern Oregon University in 2011.

I'm trying to tie up some loose ends today before rehearsals start. Essentially, I'm dropping in on a rehearsal of a different kind - the first of the New Year for the Southern Oregon Repertory Singers - just to show that I've not forgotten them, even if I won't be singing with them until the autumn.

Tomorrow will be a long day. I have to be up at 0500 to do a radio show, so I'm hoping to get a break in the afternoon before the evening's rehearsal. There are lots of people in the cast and crew, hardly any of whom I know, but, no doubt, there will be several whom I'll know well by the end of February.

The schedule calls for rehearsals from 7 to 11 Monday to Friday, but I don't yet know how that will translate into reality. It may well be that this week we block one act each night, which would mean a slightly inefficient Friday for me, because I only have three lines in Act Five (and I'd be glad to see the last of those cut!).

I'm not teaching this term, but I do have some other commitments, including a talk on the Steig Larsson novels next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment