Sunday, January 16, 2011

a bit of a break

I had a break from rehearsing yesterday, so I took a break from the blog too.

Friday was just too much fun!

We did two contrasting scenes: one all-male scene on the heath, and then the blinding scene, and I'm really feeling that I'm not an outsider now but part of the group - indicated, perhaps by a bunch of new Facebook friend requests. It takes time going through line-by-line, but it is definitely worth it. Brent had the idea that the hovel on the house would have homeless people all around it, which could make the link with the food project all the more powerful - except that that guy has not got back to me yet...

We blocked the blinding, and I was very touched with the care everyone took making sure I was comfortable - giving me breaks, and even, at one point, a massage from the director! I think the scene will look very effective.

The half-hour of physical stuff we did on Thursday has certainly helped me - I am actually doing stretching exercises once again

No comments:

Post a Comment