Tuesday, January 4, 2011

rehearsal two

Wow, this was really an eye-opener. It was our first time actually standing up and moving around, blocking the opening scene, and I was really impressed, flattered and satisfied with how it went. I'll add more to this in the morning.

Wednesday morning - There were several reasons why I thought last night was so good. One was the vision which the director had for the opening scene, which was so very close to how I had always seen it (I like people who agree with me!). He has the set already peopled before Kent, Gloucester and Edmund speak, which is how I think it should look. He also had the idea that everyone expects Lear to cut the kingdom in two (di-vide??) so the split into three comes as a shock. I chipped in my idea that the play seems to be all about men until Lear throws in the word 'daughters' - an extra layer of shock...

Another reason I felt happy is that the director made it very clear that he valued my input, and encouraged the cast to use Barry and myself as resources about pronunciation, meanings etc. - and they certainly did use us! It feels good to be valued....

We finished just after 11 last night, but I should be done by 9 tonight, and may not have a call on Thursday or Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment