Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First rehearsal

Well, it really did last the full four hours!

I got to the theatre at about 6.55, and I was almost the last to arrive. We are in the major theatre, and there is another production (Alice) rehearsing in the smaller black-box.

We started with talks by the design people on set, costumes, sound and fighting. The set designs look wonderful, and photos were sent to the cast this morning. If I get permission, I will add them to this blog.

All the cast except Barry Kraft and myself are students, and they are getting credits for being in the play. I think they will also have supervisors from the Faculty monitoring their performances. I was impressed with most of the cast at this second read-through (we did the first in December) - there are only two of the principals that I have slight concerns about right now: I don't think they have done quite enough work on figuring out what their lines mean; the bulk of the cast, however, have worked very hard indeed.

I'm the only person with a British accent, which feels slightly odd. Barry gave some hints on pronunciation, but I don't know if I should also offer input on this (and on music?) - early days yet. Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment