I got some feedback last night...
Terry and I had a good day, including watching The King's Speech at the cinema (a very elderly audience at the 1.30 screening...). Great acting all round, not least from Helena Bonham-Carter. Strange to see Jennifer Ehle back on screen with Colin Firth.
Brent started the rehearsal by saying how much he had enjoyed our run-through on Thursday, and that he wanted us to work in groups on anything we felt needed attention while he gave individual notes. I did some work with Edmund and with Lear, and ran some lines in my head, but I confess that I could have done more: I'm better doing the line work on my own with the MP3 player. It's a little scary that we will start getting detailed notes on line mistakes from Monday - they want Shakespeare and not our version of what we think he should have written.
Brent did not have time to give me detailed notes before we went back to full rehearsal, but he did say that he thought I had done well, which was good. We then mostly worked on the opening scene and on the transitions between scenes, in an attempt to get the play moving.
I wonder if there will be a call tomorrow or not....?
No comments:
Post a Comment