Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good and bad at games

We almost got through the whole play: we actually got as far as the second half of Act Four before time caught up with us. I thought it went pretty well, although some of the cast are still on book, even those with relatively few lines. I felt quite confident up to and including the blinding scene, but I did lose it a little in the scene and a half we did after that (we stopped half-way through a scene at Lear's entrance), and I need to work on that.

What was sort of odd, for me, was that there was no feedback afterwards from anyone, so I don't know how people feel I did. Nevertheless, we got to within a few lines of the end of my role, and that makes me feel more confident and ready to try acting it rather than worrying about getting the words in the right order.....

No comments:

Post a Comment