Wednesday, January 19, 2011

not a cliff in sight

I think this may have been the latest rehearsal call I have ever had. I was called for 9.00 pm, just in time for the crew to take a break, so, by the time we got the room set out (we were using the foyer rather than the theatre) and got started, it was 9.25. We read the scene, and had only just started the blocking when we ran out of time. Maybe it was because we were off the main stage, but there was a slightly more relaxed and intimate feel tonight - Barry, Brent and I swapping stories and thinking about individual words and lines.

It seems possible that I will be able to wear knee-pads in the show itself: I had them tonight for the 'not really falling off the cliff' scene, and I felt much mote comfortable about what I was doing. As on Friday, there was a lot of care about whether I was happy with the physical stuff: it is a heartening aspect of this production that attention is paid to safety and to health - the stage manager is insistent that breaks are taken when they are due, and the show is the better for it.

I drove home under a full moon and caught sight of something dark in the road on one of the side-streets: I thought it might be a deer (we get lots of those) but it was a couple kissing - very charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment