Sunday, January 23, 2011

Half-way point

We are now half-way into the rehearsal process - three weeks today we will be doing the second tech run, and the first dress is three weeks tomorrow: Valentine's Day...

I think we are making great progress. We ran Act Four and Act Five this morning, and then went back and did detailed work on the Gloucester/Edgar/Lear scenes from Act Four. I feel as if I have been through a wringer, physically and emotionally, but I'm so pleased to have that work done, and so grateful for what I have learned. It has made me all the more determined to get the lines learned - being off the book will be such a help.

Brent has had me working on a tendency I have to over-hit the pronoun at the expense of the noun which follows. So I have to get away from saying 'your power' in such a way that 'power' is not emphasised enough.

We start again on Act one tomorrow - it seems ages since we have done those scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment