Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend

It is strange how my misgivings on Friday somehow disappeared....

When I checked in on Saturday I was expecting negative notes from the director, but he was full of praise for my work on Friday, and hadn't noticed the problems with the blinding at all.

We had a very long day of tech, pinned in a small communal area which looked like a high-class refugee camp, what with all the blankets and laptops. There is another show running right now, so they had the make-up room and green room. I think some of my qualms on Friday resulted from the fact that there are a couple of people in the company who were irritating me - I've now found tactics to avoid them, and, on Sunday, we established a separate 'quiet' room where I think I can spend my off-stage time from now on.

It has got to that time when the tech people are working frantically to get their bit right, and the actors have to be patient with them. There were some tense moments on Sunday when different people wanted to assume control of the moment, but we did get through it all, and I think we are in good shape for the first dress run tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment