Monday, February 14, 2011

First dress

That was different!

There was a costume staff of around ten, including three members of the faculty, and a couple of make-up people. It was a more relaxed set-up than I am used to, in that it seemed to be quite OK if decisions had not been finalised about how your costume might be changed for different scenes. I had some problems with my cape/cloak and these were addressed in the intermission, when we also took a view on whether my hat should stay on all through (no!) and whether my tunic was too tight to allow me to be blinded and wander on the heath (yes!).

I had some problems with props - my flaming torch broke in half, and the blinding scene became just a bit too complicated: I have a syringe of water (for blood) and two different bloody eye-cloths, one in the scene itself (the one that XXXX forget to bring on last week...) and the other that goes on between that scene and the one immediately after. It is the one for the scene itself that is the problem - I cannot guarantee to get it on right in the time available, and do the syringe and act the scene.....

answers on a postcard please.

Oh -and the run went very well indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment