Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Losing track of the days

Not a lot of social time now at rehearsals - it's pretty much work all the way. Tonight that meant a fight call for 6.30, and then running the second half twice. I got some lines wrong, but (apart from one totally dropped line) I know the show would still go on even with the errors I made. Tomorrow I will get the MP3 player going again and again and again.....

We've got some nice stuff going with the Fool's hat, and I finally did persuade everyone who is with me in Acts Four and Five that I really cannot see anything after I am blinded - the bandage and the absence of my glasses means that my last three scenes are an extended trust exercise. Edgar almost let me walk right off the stage at one point (before I told him how little I could see), and Lear cleverly toyed with me as I tottered on the edge at another. I also got hit by something in the fight between Edgar and Oswald, and I trod on something (a knife?) being led off after the blinding scene. Scary.......

No comments:

Post a Comment