More intense and intensive work tonight.
I had a little back-twinge over the weekend, but it has passed now: maybe I just got over-anxious, having read that Sher book. Barry, however, really is moving quite badly, despite wearing a knee-brace - he's considering a cortisone injection. I should probably get some cough-sweets: my cough gets worse in the theatre and it irritates me, so it has to be annoying the rest of the company.
We got behind schedule - those mad scenes take work! - so I spent a couple of hours waiting to go on, and the net effect of that is that I get anxious about lines then: one of the reasons I feel happier about doing an actual run is that I get to speak very early on, and that helps my confidence.
It's good being off the book, but I realise how heavy these torches are: it's like doing weight training. And I have to work on not getting the torch in front of my face.
I got two words wrong, so I'll need to concentrate on lines again today - and the people from the Food Project did get back to me a while back to say that they did not see a link-up with the play being viable: their concern is food rather than shelter...
No comments:
Post a Comment